Only 3 Days Left
We are excited about a new plan from the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company, the Bodega, for several reasons:
1. An architect turned Jay’s sketches into a CAD drawing. This plan is ready to go to the builder.
2. They added a roof plan.
3. It will be available as a pdf download – instant gratification!
4. It is available in two sizes – a 261 square foot version and a 356 square feet version with a bedroom addition.
5. Due to popular demand the plans will feature an option for a cathedral ceiling or a full loft.
The sale price is over 70% off – normally $695.
Now $199. Sale ends March 31.
The Bodega has a fireplace, a full bath and kitchen (261 sq ft), and also has the option for an add on bedroom (356 sq ft). Designed with cost savings in mind, the house is proportioned just right. Charming and bright, the simple use of space and building materials keeps construction costs low without sacrificing design. The plans come with an option for a full loft over the great room, kitchen and bathroom, or a 1/2 loft with a cathedral ceiling over the great room.
Estimated Material Costs: $22,000
This house is not designed to be portable. They sell the plans to build it on location.
We don’t count the loft as square footage in this house because with so much sloped ceiling, it doesn’t officially qualify as a habitable room. That said, with seven feet of ceiling height over more than 50 square feet, the loft provides a lot of usable space. The loft is accessed by a ladder in the kitchen.
Q: Can I put in stairs instead of a ladder?
A: No, stairs wont fit, but “ladder stairs” will.
We sell our plans with a post and pier foundation. However, it is possible to put this house on a slab foundation or even over a basement. However, you may need to work with an architect or engineer licensed in your state to get approval from the building department.
Q: Can this house be built on wheels?
A: No. This house is designed to be built on a permanent foundation.
Utilities and appliances
The kitchen maximizes spaces and includes a dishwasher, full size range with oven, and built in microwave. The tankless on demand water heater ensures that you never run out of hot water, and tucks away completely out of view. A small fireplace is tucked nicely in the corner of the great room.
Q: Can I install a washer and dryer?
A: This house isn’t designed for a washer and dryer inside the house. You can put one in the garage or under an awning.
Q: Can I install air conditioning?
A: Yes, you can. Our plans don’t include an air conditioning unit, but you can install one in the loft or outside the house.
Q: What type of fireplace does the house have?
A: We don’t specify a specific fire place or heater because codes vary so much based on climate. We recommend discussing your options with a building contractor licensed in your state.
On sale until March 31, just $199
Plans include 12 total pages:
– Front, back, side elevations
– Floor plans for downstairs and loft
– Electric plans for downstairs and loft
– Transverse section (a diagram cutting house in half) showing roof pitch, ceiling heights, insulation and more.
– Foundation plan
– Roof plan
– Material list including windows, doors, water heater, bath tub/shower and more